The OCA BEST committee consists of representatives appointed by the OCA Board of Directors, sanctioned show coordinators and five youth BEST representatives. BEST participants are encouraged to apply for the youth committee positions. BEST Jr. Representatives serve a two-year term and are selected through an application and interview process. Jr. Representative applications are due April 1, 2017 and interviews will be held in the spring leading up to the BEST banquet. Each BEST Jr. Representative selected will receive a $500 scholarship at the conclusion of their two-year term. The BEST Jr. Representative terms are staggered to provide leadership continuity for the BEST program. For 2017 there will be two open youth seats. To apply, please fill out the application and return it by April 1, 2017 to the OCA office. If you have any questions contact the OCA office at (614) 873-6736 or by email at email@example.com.
OCA BEST Junior Representative Responsibilities
- Represent participants' interests as BEST committee member
- Be a positive role model and promote the BEST program to fellow youth cattle exhibitors and their families
- Attend all regular committee meetings and provide input
- Attend most BEST sanctioned shows and assist with online sign-up and check-in
- Help plan and coordinate the annual OCA BEST Mentoring Program
- Serve as emcee for the BEST Awards Banquet